Sunday, March 15, 2009

flying home

so I learned a little bit of the lingo used by airlines

Lay over - means there is a stop where you deplane and then board another one
Direct flight - flight goes from one place to another but stops somewhere in the middle, you dont deplane
Non-stop- plane flys from one location to another without stopping when you deplane you are at your destination



So now the story


So I was on a direct flight from Tucson to Philly (stopping in Chicago but I was to remain ON the plane) So there I go getting to the airport LATE because robin is an asshole and wouldnt get up on time to take me ...got she made me so angry!!! anyway I was chilling at the gate for like 10 min before we had to get on the plane ... Southwest has pick your own seat seating so yeha I got a window seat (YEA BUDDY!!) but an old woman ended up sitting next to me she was pretty nice I liked her but the woman on the end was so fucking annoying the kind that holds a book in their hand while blabbering on about something stupid ... and now i dont wonder why she was reading those kiddy books she had for her "grandson" anymore ... anyway yeah when we got into Chicago
and all the "local" passengers got off that left me and like 18 other people still ON the plane heading to Philly... so about 5 min after sitting there they tell us we all have to get off and come back in like an hour b.c philly airport was calling in a landing delay or something ... oh whatever so I walked around the airport for a while i got the greatest sandwhich from this place it was a hoagie roll with mustard and salami but it was toasted omg sooooo good!!! anyway I got a post card to send to this girl Crista to make her laugh ...I sent it to Karin so she better give it to her or Ill kick her butt ... anyway yeah so everyone gets on the plane and its loaded ...I was in the second row (still in the window seat YES!!!) so this cute little old lady was seated next to me the stewaress put her bag in the overhead along with the cane ... some dude comes in trying to put his bag in the space next to the old womans back and it didnt work so they moved it across the aisle to another overhead bin anyway yeah this guy thought he was supper funny but he just WASNT ... anyway yeahso off we go in the time zone machine and we get into philly and fly in circles for like 15 min finally we land and then find out tat there isnt an open gate yet the captin assures us only 5 - 10 min before we can start getting off ... yeah not so much it wasnt until like 40 min later that we got off the plane ... we just sat n the run way :( ... ok so yeah the stewerdessgoes on the load speaker and says "Hey Captin how do you keep 119 ppl in suspense" I kinda found that funny but I just wanted to get off the plane so I didnt luagh ... anyway during this 40 min wait the old lady decides she NEEDS her phone and cane ... so the stewerdess helps her the old woman says its a light blue bag so the stewerdess pulls down the bad but the old woman is like thats not it so her and the other stewerdess franticall y search all the overheads for a few min and getting a bit upset ... that was amusing... then the old woman goes well maybe that WAS my bag so thye bring it down again and then shes like THAtS MY BAG all excited lol ... yeah that was ust funny ... thats all

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Some trip. If only my flights were as exciting... o.O

    What's the deal with Robin anyways? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live in NY and so did she we were best friends when were kids ... I moved to PA and she moved to AZ ... we didnt talk for a few years and then I found her on myspace and messaged her ... she asked me to come out to visit her so I did and the first time it wasnt so bad but I was also there for like 4 days only ... so I decided to come back for a visit only she was much more horrible and well you know I blogged about the experience ... so yeah thats the deal with Robin ... she is afraid of her own shadow and sits on her butt all day ugh she needs to do something with her life

    ReplyDelete