Friday, February 27, 2009

California

Yesterday I drove about 6 hours (a 7 hour drive ..oops) from Tucson.AZ to Orange, CA

I took I-8 for about 300 miles and I have to say it is an absolutly magnificant view ... I love the senery out here.

Along the drive I nearly ran out of gas ... fantastic (seriously I had like 10 miles left worth of gas) and this occured b/c I refused to buy gas when I first stopped assuming that there would be another gas station soon ... the gas was 2.45$ ... it was scary driving with nearly no gas like OMG there was NOTHING around if I needed help and the exits are like 10 miles apart ... I drove pst something called "Devils Drop" so I stopped and looked ... yea I wouldnt recoment anyone jump down that canyon/cliff.

When I finally got to my hotel (I saw he buildign but couldnt find where to pull in took me liek 15 minutes to actually get TO it) I had to race out and get to my interview which I arrived at the moment the clocked turned hehe the receptionist was liek thats good timing to me... I dont think I'll be getting that job the people didnt seem to like me much :( .. oh well it was a cool job as a biology assistant 1 working with animals

So my hotel is awesome it has a little kitchen unit and all so I can make food there instead of going out and spending lots I enjoy that alot ya know ... and it has the best bath tub ever!!! yeah I took a bath for like literally 2 hours came out looking like a people prune ... so well worth it :)

So today I'm going to LA for some interviews (not right now obviously but in like an hour)

I'm in a library atm and got my very own CA library card ...

Apparently there was jsut an earthquake too a moment ago ... it felt like when you are on a rollercoaster and just go down the first fall... I just thought someone pushed the computer desk but no everyone felt it ... so this will go down as my first survival of an earthquake ... honestly if anyone died I would be suprised ... I do wonder how it feels to be driving during an earchquake b/c liek the whole building moved would the cars move too??? that has to be scary ... well off to make some lunch and go to my last intervew ... woo hoo

oh and LA is great but super expensive (gas is 2.19-ish) and food is liek twice what I would pay back home

I think I don't want to move out here anymore I want to leave home but im not sure where jsut somewhere!!

No comments:

Post a Comment